Parents, we recognize there might be some challenges communicating with your children in today’s world. Soul Blazing Life Coaching can help you to become better acquainted with your child or teen and to change their behavior. Soul Blazing can help you improve communication with children, whether you are a teacher, parent or care-giver. Private sessions with Life Coach Kenneth can help you to communicate more effectively with your child.
In seven sessions Coach Kenneth will introduce you to a set of proven skills that will help you to cope with your child’s negative feelings, engage your child’s willing cooperation, discipline without hurting or alienating, help your child develop a positive and realistic self-image, and foster a family atmosphere of love and respect.
What Will Be Covered in Each Session?
1. Helping Children Deal with Their Feelings – An exploration of what happens to children when their feelings are denied. Specific skills that help children to recognize and cope with their negative feelings: disappointment, envy, frustration, resentment, anger, etc. Ways to accept children’s feelings, limit unacceptable behavior, and still maintain goodwill.
2. Engaging Cooperation – How children react to commonly used methods to get them to cooperate: threats, warnings, orders, name-calling, sarcasm, lecturing, etc. Five ways to invite cooperation that will leave parents and children feeling good about themselves and each other.
3. Alternatives to Punishment – How do children normally react to punishment? Is it necessary to rely on punishment as a means of discipline? Some alternatives to punishment that enable parents to express their strong disapproval as well as encourage children to assume responsibility for their behavior.
4. Encouraging Autonomy – Ways to help children become separate, responsible people who can one day function on their own. Specific skills that help children to become more self-reliant.
5. Praise – An exploration of the kinds of praise that build a positive and realistic self-image, and the kinds that are counter-productive. A variety of ways to help our children become aware of their strengths so that they can put them into action.
6. Freeing Children from Playing Roles – A look at how children are sometimes cast into roles (bully, whiner, dawdler, mischief-maker, etc.) and how we can free them from playing out these roles. Six skills that help children see themselves in a different and more positive light.
Each session is approximately one and half hours long and includes personal Soul Blazing for yourself. Contact Kenneth today to set up your appointment! Remember, expect miracles! Try a Soul Blazing session today!